CCD Logo Contest
May I Have This Dance?
Please see our Schedule page for dates, times, and other information.
You can find other essential information about our Dance on the About CCD page.
*The Clarkston Community Center is a public facility, which we share with individual / groups of non-dancers on Friday nights. As there is no place at CCC in which valuables can be secured you are urged to leave items that you value at home, in the car, or carry them on your person while you dance. Anything brought into the Hall is at your own risk.
Information for New Dancers...
- What is Contra Dancing?
- How do I keep from getting dizzy?
- What are the other important things for me to know?
- What does contradancing look like?
- How will I know when I have become an advanced Contra dancer?
Can We Talk?
Do you have questions about our contra dance? Email or call one of our Steering Committee members.
Are you interested in booking a band and caller for your own dance? Email the CCD band and caller scheduler.
Policies: Loved Ones at the Dance
- Children are welcome to dance with us! For the safety of all, children may not be in the dance hall itself unless they are actually participating in the dance. Children in the lobby and hallways must be capable of behaving appropriately and parents are responsible for their children's behavior (and for their misbehavior).
- Experiencing an allergy or phobia attack can really put a damper on a dancer's evening so please leave your animal companions at home. You may want to show them a YouTube clip or the contra dance instruction DVD we have available though (see below) so they know what you are up to when you're gone.
Lights, Camera, Action!
A sampling of cool contra videos